You want to drive a luxury car, so why not learn to drive safely in one too.
Emirates Driving Institute, the UAE’s largest and most successful driving institute, is proud to announce launch of its “Platinum Driving Course,” where our esteemed customers will learn how to drive on an elite fleet of cars, like Range Rover Sport, Mercedes G500 station wagon, Chevrolet Camaro 3.6L & Nissan Patrol, especially chosen keeping customer’s exclusivity in mind.
With an impressive state-of-the art facilities and over 25 years of experience in delivering quality driver training, the all new Platinum Driving Course offers an impressive portfolio of in-house services, luxury training vehicles and training schedule that can be customized to suit customer needs and making the entire journey from registration to earning your driver’s license as easy & stress-free as possible.
The indulging doesn’t end there. Customers of the platinum course will only pay a fixed course fees until they get their license, no matter how many classes and tests they take.
Another benefit of this course is that customers will be trained on high-end luxury vehicles they usually wish to own after getting the license. This will help them be better-adapted with the mechanics & features of SUV, ensuring their further safety while driving on the road.
Each guest will be assigned a dedicated relationship manager, who will manage all their formalities and documentation until the driver license is handed over.
The institute is also offering a complementary pick and drop service for patrons of the platinum course.
The other highlights of the course are as below:
1. Eye test & course registration of the course can be done from customer’s home/ location by paying a lump sum amount. This amount will cover entire cost of training until the student gets the license. Irrespective, of the number of classes & attempts the students takes to clear the Theory Test, Parking Test, Assessment Test & Road Test or any other test
2. Pick and drop service will be provided to the student by the instructor in the high-end luxury training vehicle.
3. For lectures students will be brought to any of EDI’s three main testing and training center. They can also take lectures via EDI’s e-lecture services.
4. For RTA Road tests, RTA examiner will visit student’s location to take the test in training vehicle.
5. More details of the course and fee structure can be seen by visiting www.edi.ae or by calling +971 4 263 1100.
How to register
• Walk in to EDI Head Office at Al Qusais, Dubai or any of the 2 training and testing centers - Al Quoz & Port Rashid
• Walk into any of our branches. Click here for our locations.
• Register Online – Click here
- Original Emirates ID & its copy (both sides)
- 1 passport and valid visa copy
- 2 photos (passport size) any background
- Original Eye Test Report (Can be done at Al Qusais, Al Quoz or Port Rashid or at any RTA Authorized optical shops in Dubai)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from sponsor (should be addressed to RTA Dubai mentioning student name, nationality, passport no., vehicle category. Please note that NOC should be stamped and printed on company letter head and the NOC will be valid only for 6 months from the date of issue)
- Sponsor’s passport and visa page copy (If the student is on father/husband/UAE national)
Minimum age to register is 17 years and 6 months: the license will be issued after the students turns 18 years old, provided the road test has been passed.
If you’ve already opened a file with another institute in Dubai and wish to transfer it to EDI:
all of the above-mentioned documents are required including Original RTA file and NOC from previous school stating completed number of classes and test.
If you’re a holder of another Emirates visa:
All the above-mentioned documents, and:
A) Trade License of the company you are working for along with trade license of company’s branch situated in Dubai.
B) Original NOC from Dubai branch of the company stating that the applicant is working in Dubai’s Branch/Office
If you hold a driving license from any other country:
All the above-mentioned documents, and:
A) Original driving license and copy (of same vehicle category). Legal translation is required if the license is not in English/Arabic language. For handwritten/booklet format, attestation is required from respective country’s consulate.
If you’re a UAE or GCC national:
- 2 Valid Passport copies (first and idbara page)
- Eye test results (Can be done at Al Qusais, Al Quoz or Port Rashid or at any RTA Authorized optical shops in Dubai)
- 2 photographs (passport size)
- Original No Objection Letter from Sponsor with Passport copy or Emirates Id of sponsor If age is less than 21 years
- Original Emirates Identity Card (E.I.D)
If registering online, original Emirates ID card will be required for file opening. Kindly bring it to EDI or request us to get it collected. To request for collection, please call our call center at +971 4 263 1100.
This Summer, register for Platinum driving course and get upto AED 5,000 discount
Car Driving Course
20 hours (40 classes)
Total package: AED 25,000 instead of AED 30,000.
15 hours (30 classes)
Total package: AED 21,000 instead of AED 25,000.
10 hours (20 classes)
Total package: AED 17,000 instead of AED 20,000.
04 hours (8 classes) for GCC/cabin crew
Total package: AED 9,000 instead of AED 10,000.
04 hours (8 classes) Refreshers course
Total package: AED 4,500 instead of AED 5,000.
02 hours (4 classes) Refreshers course
Total package: AED 2,500 instead of AED 3,000.
In addition to the above discount, customers making the full payment at the time of registration will be entitled for extra 5% discount on the total package.
Registration can be done at customer's location/any of EDI branch/via EDI website.
Saturday to Thursday: 8:30am -2:30pm and 3:30pm-5:30pm
Student can take 2 hours at a time and up to 4 hours training a day with an hour break between each two hours class.
Platinum course students have the advantage of taking lectures as per their convenience and time. EDI's course in-charge helps in organising lectures in special lecture hall as preferred by the student.
All students who register for 20 /15 /10 hour sessions (40/30/20 classes) of car driving license course need to take 8 compulsory lectures. These lectures are conducted on weekdays as well as Fridays. Lectures are offered in different languages such as English, Hindi/Urdu and Arabic at different locations - EDI Head Office (Al Qusais), Al Quoz, Port Rashid and Al Aweer.
Please note that it is mandatory for all students to bring their Registration Card (MDT), RTA Training Book and Learning Permit for the lectures.
• Lecture 1 : Attitude and Responsibilities
• Lecture 2 : Traffic signs
• Lecture 3 : Managing Risks
• Lecture 4 : Driver Condition
• Lecture 5 : Driving Environment
• Lecture 6 : Rules of Road
• Lecture 7 : Hazard and Emergencies
• Lecture 8: Safety Demonstration
Rules of Attendance
- Please ensure you have attended all 8 lectures before you book your theory test, practical driving classes. Now you can also take all 8 lectures in English, Arabic & Urdu via E-lectures (online lecture). Click here to see the user guide.
- Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – click here to download
- EDI Trainee Rights & Responsibilities – click here to download
RTA's Remote Interpretation System (RIS)
The service provides remote instant interpretation of driving theoretical tests, conducted by RTA, to driver license applicants in different languages.
The step is part of RTA's endeavours to enrich the Smart City initiative and realise its third strategic goal - People's Happiness
How RIS service can be availed?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening RTA file and pay the applicable fees.
This service cannot be added at a later stage while booking the Road Test.
An additional fee of AED 400/- will be charged for availing this service apart from the regular exam fee of AED 310/-.
Apart from RIS service, RTA also provides voiceover facility with no extra cost for eight more languages i.e. Urdu, Bangla, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, Malayalam, Russian and Tamil.
• Obtain your RTA learners permit prior to your first driving lesson and carry it with you throughout the training period. Renew the permit once it expires.
• Attend your first and all subsequent driving classes and tests with necessary lenses/ glasses.
• Not be absent from classes without informing the concerned reception staff 48 hours before the class time or you will be charged for the classes.
• Make proper payments for training and tests on time to avoid unnecessary problems/delays.