EDI’s driving course for people with special needs uses specially adapted vehicles with hand controls for people with waist downwards disability.
Please find below the procedure involved in learning to drive with an adapted vehicle for people with special needs at Emirates Driving Institute.
1. You will need to get your medical report from Rashid Hospital Dubai (The Physical, Medicine and Rehabilitation Department: PMR). To get this report please contact the reception of PMR Department at Rashid Hospital. Appointments have to be taken in advance.
After the assessment is done you will be issued the medical report.
2. To get RTA’s approval letter you will need to send us your medical report. You may either fax us the report at 042613595 or email the report at email@example.com. Once the approval comes, EDI's representative will contact you to come to EDI for registration along with other documents.
How to register
• Walk in to EDI Head Office at Al Qusais, Dubai or any of the 2 training and testing centers - Al Quoz & Port Rashid
• Walk into any of our branches. Click here for our locations.
• Register Online – Click here
- Original Emirates ID & its copy (both sides)
- 1 passport and valid visa copy
- 2 photos (passport size) any background
- Original Eye Test Report (Can be done at Al Qusais, Al Quoz or Port Rashid or at any RTA Authorized optical shops in Dubai)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from sponsor (should be addressed to RTA Dubai mentioning student name, nationality, passport no., vehicle category. Please note that NOC should be stamped and printed on company letter head and the NOC will be valid only for 6 months from the date of issue)
- Sponsor’s passport and visa page copy (If the student is on father/husband/UAE national)
Minimum age to register is 17 years and 6 months: the license will be issued after the student turns 18 years old, provided the road test has been passed.
If you’ve already opened a file with another institute in Dubai and wish to transfer it to EDI:
all of the above-mentioned documents are required including Original RTA file and NOC from previous school stating completed number of classes and test.
If you’re a holder of another Emirates visa:
All the above-mentioned documents, and:
A) Trade License of the company you are working for along with trade license of company’s branch situated in Dubai.
B) Original NOC from Dubai branch of the company stating that the applicant is working in Dubai’s Branch/Office
If you hold a driving license from any other country:
All the above-mentioned documents, and:
A) Original driving license and copy (of same vehicle category). Legal translation is required if the license is not in English/Arabic language. For handwritten/booklet format, attestation is required from respective country’s consulate.
If you’re a UAE or GCC national:
- 2 Valid Passport copies (first and idbara page)
- Eye test results (Can be done at Al Qusais, Al Quoz or Port Rashid or at any RTA Authorized optical shops in Dubai)
- 2 photographs (passport size)
- Original No Objection Letter from Sponsor with Passport copy or Emirates Id of sponsor If age is less than 21 years
- Original Emirates Identity Card (E.I.D)
If registering online, original Emirates ID card will be required for file opening. Kindly bring it to EDI or request us to get it collected. To request for collection, please call our call center at +971 4 263 1100.
Training Fees - LMV
|20 hours training
|2400 (M) / 2600 (A)||3800||4200||13200|
|15 hours training
|1800 (M) / 1950 (A)||2850||3150||9900|
|10 hours training
|1200 (M) /1300 (A)||1900||2100||6600|
|Other Charges||(In AED)|
|EDI Admission Fees||575||575|
|RTA File opening, learning permit & RTA Book||510||510|
|RTA Theory test/signal test||310||460|
|Pre-evaluation test (only for 15 & 10 hours training)||100||100|
|Simulator Class (only for 20 hours training)||100||100|
|Transportation Charges (Dubai / Sharjah & Ajman||Free|
|Transportation Charges ( Friday)||Free|
|Transportation Charges (Gold)||Free|
|Nursery ( per hour)||10|
|International License Issue||200|
|Female student who wish to have learning permit with male instructor||20|
|Additional Class fee for LMV ( Regular)||M-60, A-65|
|Course change fee||120|
|Training extension service fees ( upon road test fail)||150|
|Exam additional preparation fees (upon theory test fail)||50|
|File transfer charge||110|
Per Class Fees
|Course Type||Per class fee|
|Regular (weekdays including Saturday)||60||65|
|Weekend (Friday only)||95||95|
|Friday & Saturday||95||95|
|Shift Duty (any day except Friday)||105||105|
|Gold ( any day except Friday)||330(Manual & Automatic )|
|Class duration||30 minutes|
New Driver Sticker (optional to buy) is available at EDI for AED 5 and Magnetic New Driver sign is available for AED 10.
REGISTER NOW TO GET UPTO 12 CLASSES FREE
1. If a student registers for 20 hours (40 classes) they can get 4 Free hours (8 classes) and additional 2 free hours (4 classes) on making full payment at the time of registration.
2. If a student registers for 15 hours (30 classes) they can get 3 Free hours (6 classes) and additional 2 free hours (4 classes) on making full payment at the time of registration.
3. If a student registers for 10 hours (20 classes) they can get 2 Free hours (4 classes) and additional 2 free hours (4 classes) on making full payment at the time of registration.
4. Corporate company-paid, self-paid students and platinum course students are excluded from this Summer offer. However, corporate self-paid students will get 2 Free hours (4 classes) for making full payment in advance.
Emirates Driving Institute provides specially adapted vehicles with hand controls for training. The training location for this course is Al Qusais only.
Training Course options are :
2 Days every week
(2 hours of training) - Saturday & Tuesday / Sunday & Wednesday / Monday & Thursday
OR 3 Days every week
(21 hour of training)
Sat - Mon - Wed or Sun - Tue - Thurs
Shift Duty Course
Students can choose to take their training as per their choice during training hours by coordinating with their instructor or by calling their respective training locations in the following way
• 4 hours of training
• 6 hours of training
• 8 hours of training
Students can take their training only on Friday (2 hours of training)
Timings are : 7.30am , 9.40am, 2.00pm
Gold Driving Course
Students can take their training on any day except Friday at any time as per their preference. They are eligible for 4 hours of training. Students registered for 20 hours training are eligible for up to 2 hours training in a day, up to 12 hours training every week. Students registered for 15 or 10 hours training are eligible for up to 18 hours every week. Training classes for Gold Driving Course can be taken from EDI Head Office in Qusais or any of its branches.
• The training timings are from 08:30am to 05:30pm with a break from 2:30pm to 3:30pm
• Training classes on Friday are from 07:30am to 11:40am and 2:00pm to 4:00pm with breaks in between the classes
• Students start at 8:30am and their classes can be scheduled as per their preferences.
• All vehicles are provided by the institute
Training Rules & Regulations:
1. Please always carry your RTA learners’ permit, MDT card and RTA handbook while attending the practical training, lectures and tests.
2. You are requested to report for all your practical training classes on time. You’ll be marked as “ABSENT,” should you fail to report within 10 minutes of your class starting time. Once marked “absent,” you’ll have to take the compensatory class by paying for that particular class.
3. If you wish to temporary stop your training, you must inform your course in-charge 24 hours before your scheduled training time. If you fail to do so, you’ll be marked as absent for that day.
4. In case you’re instructor is absent, we will try to arrange some other instructor for that particular class. Should we fail to provide another instructor, we will extend your training accordingly.
5. You must use the MDT card for timely login & logout of your training. Please insert the training card in your training vehicle as soon as your training begins and take it out once the training is over.
All students who register for 20 /15 /10 hour sessions (40/30/20 classes) of car driving license course need to take 8 compulsory lectures. These lectures are conducted on weekdays as well as Fridays. Lectures are offered in different languages such as English, Hindi/Urdu and Arabic at different locations - EDI Head Office (Al Qusais), Al Quoz, Port Rashid and Al Aweer.
Please note that it is mandatory for all students to bring their Registration Card (MDT), RTA Training Book and Learning Permit for the lectures.
• Lecture 1 : Attitude and Responsibilities
• Lecture 2 : Traffic signs
• Lecture 3 : Managing Risks
• Lecture 4 : Driver Condition
• Lecture 5 : Driving Environment
• Lecture 6 : Rules of Road
• Lecture 7 : Hazard and Emergencies
• Lecture 8: Safety Demonstration
Rules of Attendance
- Please ensure you have attended all 8 lectures before you book your theory test, practical driving classes. Now you can also take all 8 lectures via E-lectures (online lecture). Click here to see the user guide.
- Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – click here to download.
- EDI Trainee Rights & Responsibilities – click here to download
- EDI lecture schedule - click here to download
RTA's Remote Interpretation System (RIS)
The service provides remote instant interpretation of driving theoretical tests, conducted by RTA, to driver license applicants in different languages.
The step is part of RTA's endeavours to enrich the Smart City initiative and realise its third strategic goal - People's Happiness
How RIS service can be availed?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening RTA file and pay the applicable fees.
This service cannot be added at a later stage while booking the Road Test.
An additional fee of AED 400/- will be charged for availing this service apart from the regular exam fee of AED 310/-.
Apart from RIS service, RTA also provides voiceover facility with no extra cost for eight more languages i.e. Urdu, Bangla, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, Malayalam, Russian and Tamil.
• Obtain your RTA learners permit prior to your first driving lesson and carry it with you throughout the training period. Renew the permit once it expires.
• Attend your first and all subsequent driving classes and tests with necessary lenses/ glasses.
• Not be absent from classes without informing the concerned reception staff 48 hours before the class time or you will be charged for the classes.
• Make proper payments for training and tests on time to avoid unnecessary problems/delays.
Name of the test
Parking Test (5 internal tests)