EDI's 'Gold Excellence Driving Course' does not only allows you the flexibility of taking the course as per your schedule but it also allows you to take your Parking and Road Test together.
From theory lectures, practical training to tests, everything is scheduled swiftly as per your preference and you do not have to follow the basic waiting period.
Currently, the course is only offered to students registering for LMV (Car) driving course.
Key features of Gold Excellence Driving Course:
1. Students registering for the course will be trained on Toyota Camry.
2. Students registering for the course will be allowed to avail excellence test (Parking and RTA Road test together on the same day) like EDI's Platinum Course
3. Students to pay a fixed price till they reach excellence test. No extra cost if a student fails Theory and Assessment Test. (Terms and Conditions applied).
4. Students can complete upto 4 hours of training in a day with minimum 1 hour of break in between
5. Free transportation available for those registering for this course.
- Original Emirates ID
Please note: Visa copy may be required if the designation mentioned in the Emirates ID is not the same as in the stamped visa. Emirates / FlyDubai cabin crew must provide visa copy if the profession is different in Emirates ID.
- Eye test must be completed before RTA file opening. It can be done at any of EDI’s 3 main centres (Al Qusais/Al Quoz/Port Rashid) or at any RTA authorized optical centres in Dubai.
- No Objection letter required only if profession is not mentioned in the RTA exempted list of professions
- if Employed: No Objection letter must be printed on the company letterhead with the company stamp & signature of the designated authority
- If Unemployed/Personal employed sponsor: No Objection letter from the sponsor must be submitted on a white paper with a signature.
Please note: No Objection letter must be addressed to RTA, Dubai stating issue date, student name, passport no., selected vehicle category & gear transmission (automatic/manual). The No Objection letter is valid for only 6 months from the issue date unless the validity is mentioned by the sponsor.
*For UAE/GCC nationals, No Objection letter is not required even if the customer is below 21 years.
- Valid original home country driving license of the same category (if any): License must be legally translated only from Dubai if not printed in English/Arabic. The license must be attested from the home country embassy/consulate if in handwritten and/or in book format.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR:
Female customers wanting to take training by the male instructor:
- Copy of RTA learning permit
- No Objection letter signed by the sponsor (father/husband). For UAE nationals/company visa holders, No Objection letter to be signed by self.
- Copy of Emirates ID
Driver visa holders (excluding Taxi Company):
- Medical fitness report from the RTA approved medical centre/hospitals.
File transfer from other institutes in Dubai/Emirates:
- Original RTA file from the previous school/institute (if registered before April 2017)
- No Objection letter /status report from previous school/institute.
- Theory lectures details (if attended)
- Valid /invalid learning permit (not applicable to other Emirates)
- Training Sheet (if practical training has been taken)
Customer holding partner visa:
- Copy of valid trade license.
Customer working in Dubai holding visa from other Emirate:
- Copy of trade license in Dubai
- Copy of trade license in other Emirate (name must be same as in Dubai trade license)
- No Objection letter from Dubai office stating the customer is employed & working in their Dubai office. (No Objection letter must be printed on company’s letterhead with company stamp and signature of designated authority).
Marsom / Bedouin (who do not have Emirates ID):
- Marsom letter
People of Determination:
- Original medical report from Rashid Hospital
- Sanad Card from CDA if available (optional)
- No Objection letter signed by husband
- ‘Fit to Drive’ Certificate from the consulting doctor
|Gold Excellence Driving Course||Total Amount (in AED)||5% discount on making
full payment (in AED)
* Inclusive VAT
The biggest advantage of Gold Driving Course is that it gives you the flexibility to take training as per your convenience and schedule.
Students can take their training on any day at any time as per their preference. They are eligible for 4 hours of training (with a break in between). Gold Driving Course can be taken from EDI Head office in Al Qusais, Al Qouz and Port Rashid.
Training Rules & Regulations:
1. Please always carry your RTA learners’ permit, MDT card and RTA handbook while attending the practical training, lectures and tests.
2. You are requested to report for all your practical training classes on time. You’ll be marked as “ABSENT,” should you fail to report within 10 minutes of your class starting time. Once marked “absent,” you’ll have to take the compensatory class by paying for that particular class.
3. If you wish to temporary stop your training, you must inform your course in-charge 24 hours before your scheduled training time. If you fail to do so, you’ll be marked as absent for that day.
4. In case you’re instructor is absent, we will try to arrange some other instructor for that particular class. Should we fail to provide another instructor, we will extend your training accordingly.
5. You must use the MDT card for timely login & logout of your training. Please insert the training card in your training vehicle as soon as your training begins and take it out once the training is over.
Gold Driving Course students have the advantage of taking lectures as per their convenience and time. Our course in-charge helps in organising lectures in special lecture hall as preferred by the student.
All students who register for 20 /15 /10 hour sessions of car driving license course need to take 8 compulsory lectures. These lectures are conducted on weekdays as well as Fridays. Lectures are offered in different languages such as English, Hindi/Urdu and Arabic at different locations - EDI Head Office (Al Qusais), Al Quoz, Port Rashid and Al Aweer.
Please note that it is mandatory for all students to bring their Registration Card (MDT), RTA Training Book and Learning Permit for the lectures.
• Lecture 1 : Attitude and Responsibilities
• Lecture 2 : Traffic signs
• Lecture 3 : Managing Risks
• Lecture 4 : Driver Condition
• Lecture 5 : Driving Environment
• Lecture 6 : Rules of Road
• Lecture 7 : Hazard and Emergencies
• Lecture 8: Safety Demonstration
Rules of Attendance
- Please ensure you have attended all 8 lectures before you book your theory test, practical driving classes. Now you can also take all 8 lectures in English, Arabic and Urdu via e-Lectures (online lecture). Click here to see the user guide. Click here for lecture schedule
- Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – click here to download
- EDI Trainee Rights & Responsibilities – click here to download
RTA's Remote Interpretation System (RIS)
The service provides remote instant interpretation of driving theoretical tests, conducted by RTA, to driver license applicants in different languages. Click here to view list of available languages
The step is part of RTA's endeavours to enrich the Smart City initiative and realise its third strategic goal - People's Happiness
How RIS service can be availed?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening RTA file and pay the applicable fees.
This service cannot be added at a later stage while booking the Road Test.
An additional fee of AED 420/- will be charged for availing this service apart from the regular exam fee of AED 310/-.
Apart from RIS service, RTA also provides voiceover facility with no extra cost for eight more languages i.e. Urdu, Bangla, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, Malayalam, Russian and Tamil.
• Obtain your RTA learners permit prior to your first driving lesson and carry it with you throughout the training period. Renew the permit once it expires.
• Attend your first and all subsequent driving classes and tests with necessary lenses/ glasses.
• Not be absent from classes without informing the concerned reception staff 48 hours before the class time or you will be charged for the classes.
• Make proper payments for training and tests on time to avoid unnecessary problems/delays.