The motorcycle course is increasingly popular in Dubai and prepares students for RTA driving test to get Dubai driving license category 1. Students who complete this course and pass RTA tests are licensed to drive either manual or automatic transmission motorcycles. Minimum age requirement for motorcycle driving license course is 17 years.
This course also teaches turning and cornering at high speeds such as curves on highways and winding roads, especially when the curve is tighter than anticipated, tackling sharp turns from stoplights or stop signs, pulling out of parking spaces or driveways or onto a narrow street.
Key course content
- Vehicle balancing and control
- Vehicle positioning
- Observation of traffic signs
- Lane discipline
- Use of gears, clutch, accelerator, horn, brakes, side mirrors, etc
• Students who do not possess any motorcycle driving license are considered as a Beginner and thus have to register for mandatory 15 hours.
• Students are eligible to take 08 hours provided they have a valid two-years old motorcycle driving license from their country and an affidavit from their consulate stating they have a valid motorcycle license.
• People having nationality and driving license for the listed 41 countries can directly transfer their license by walking into any RTA Office with the necessary documentation and fee.
• People who have any traffic fine in their name will not be able to open a file until the fine is cleared.
• Students coming for bike driving license training hours must wear safety shoes, full length sleeves shirt / T-Shirts and full length trousers whenever riding.
How to register
• Walk into EDI Head Office at Al Qusais, Dubai or any of the 2 training and testing centers - Al Quoz & Port Rashid
• Walk into any of our branches. Click here for our locations.
• Register Online – Click here
- Original Emirates ID
Please note: Visa copy may be required if the designation mentioned in the Emirates ID is not the same as in the stamped visa. Emirates / FlyDubai cabin crew must provide visa copy if the profession is different in Emirates ID.
- Eye test must be completed before RTA file opening. It can be done at any of EDI’s 3 main centres (Al Qusais/Al Quoz/Port Rashid) or at any RTA authorized optical centres in Dubai.
- No Objection letter required only if profession is not mentioned in the RTA exempted list of professions
- if Employed: No Objection letter must be printed on the company letterhead with the company stamp & signature of the designated authority
- If Unemployed/Personal employed sponsor: No Objection letter from the sponsor must be submitted on a white paper with the signature.
Please note: No Objection letter must be addressed to RTA, Dubai stating issue date, student name, passport no., selected vehicle category & gear transmission (automatic/manual). The No Objection letter is valid for only 6 months from the issue date unless the validity is mentioned by the sponsor.
*For UAE/GCC nationals, No Objection letter is not required even if the customer is below 21 years.
- Valid original home country driving license of the same category (if any): License must be legally translated only from Dubai if not printed in English/Arabic. The license must be attested from the home country embassy/consulate if in handwritten and/or in book format.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR:
Female customers wanting to take training by the male instructor:
- Copy of RTA learning permit
- No Objection letter signed by the sponsor (father/husband). For UAE nationals/company visa holders, No Objection letter to be signed by self.
- Copy of Emirates ID
Driver visa holders (excluding Taxi Company):
- Medical fitness report from the RTA approved medical centre/hospitals.
File transfer from other institutes in Dubai/Emirates:
- Original RTA file from the previous school/institute (if registered before April 2017)
- No Objection letter /status report from previous school/institute.
- Theory lectures details (if attended)
- Valid /invalid learning permit (not applicable for other Emirates)
- Training Sheet (if practical training has been taken)
Customer holding partner visa:
- Copy of valid trade license.
Customers working in Dubai holding visa from other Emirate:
- Copy of trade license in Dubai
- Copy of trade license in other Emirate (name must be same as in Dubai trade license)
- No Objection letter from Dubai office stating the customer is employed & working in their Dubai office. (No Objection letter must be printed on company’s letterhead with company stamp and signature of designated authority).
Marsom / Bedouin (who do not have Emirates ID):
- Marsom letter
People of Determination (special needs):
- Original medical report from Rashid Hospital
- Sanad Card from CDA if available (optional)
- No Objection letter signed by husband
- ‘Fit to Drive’ Certificate from the consulting doctor
Dependent visa from other Emirate if:
I. Sponsor is working and/or staying in Dubai & customer is a housewife must submit:
- Tenancy contract (Ejari) & DEWA bill
- No Objection letter from the sponsor (i.e. husband)
- Visa copy of the applicant
- Passport & visa copy of the sponsor
II. Sponsor is working and/or staying in other Emirate & the customer is working in Dubai must submit:
5. Copy of temporary work permit
III. Sponsor is working and/or staying in other Emirate & the customer is studying in Dubai:
5. No Objection letter from applicant’s college/university stating the applicant is studying in their Dubai campus & college/university allows the customer to apply for driving license.
6. Copy of applicant’s college/university ID
7. No Objection from the sponsor
8. Visa copy of the applicant
9. Visa copy of the sponsor
REGISTER NOW TO GET UPTO 12 CLASSES FREE
1. If a student registers for 15 hours Motorcycle course category they can get 3 Free hours and additional 2 free hours on making full payment at the time of registration.
2. If a student registers for 8 hours Motorcycle course category they can get 2 Free hours and additional 2 free hours on making full payment at the time of registration.
3. Corporate company-paid, self-paid students and platinum course students are excluded from this Summer offer. However, corporate self-paid students will get 2 Free hours for making full payment in advance.
EDI offers a variety of training courses for more flexibility and convenience. You can choose from the following :
3 Days every week
(1hour of training) OR 3 Days every week
(1 hour of training)
Sat - Mon - Wed Sun – Tue - Thur
Shift Duty Course
These students can choose to take their training as per their choice during training hours* by coordinating with their instructor or the course in-charge in the following way
*Any day between Sat – Thursday
*Any time between 8:30AM – 5:30PM (Except 2:30PM-3:30PM)
2 times per week or 3 times per week
• 3 hours of training
• 4 hours of training
Students can take their training only on Friday
If Friday and Saturday, 2 hours session on Friday & 2 hours session on Saturday
Students can take their training on any day except Friday at any time as per their preference. They are eligible for 2 hours of training. Motor Cycle Training can be taken from EDI Head Office in Al Qusais, Al Quoz and Port Rashid
• The training timings are from 08:25am to 05:30pm with a lunch break of an hour during the day between 2:30pm to 3:30pm.
• We also have training Classes on Friday from 07:00am to 11:40am and 2:00pm to 4:00pm with breaks in between the classes.
• There are training timings available for Shift duty and students starting at 8:30am and the other classes can be scheduled as per their preferences.
• All vehicles are provided by the Institute.
Training Rules & Regulations:
1. Please always carry your RTA learners’ permit, MDT card and RTA handbook while attending the practical training, lectures and tests.
2. You are requested to report for all your practical training classes on time. You’ll be marked as “ABSENT,” should you fail to report within 10 minutes of your class starting time. Once marked “absent,” you’ll have to take the compensatory class by paying for that particular class.
3. If you wish to temporary stop your training, you must inform your course in-charge 24 hours before your scheduled training time. If you fail to do so, you’ll be marked as absent for that day.
4. In case you’re instructor is absent, we will try to arrange some other instructor for that particular class. Should we fail to provide another instructor, we will extend your training accordingly.
5. You must use the MDT card for timely login & logout of your training. Please insert the training card in your training vehicle as soon as your training begins and take it out once the training is over.
6. As per RTA rule, Pre-Evaluation test is mandatory for 8 hours session.
Students who register for Motorcycle driving license course need to take 8 lectures from EDI. These lectures are conducted on weekdays as well as Fridays. We offer these lectures in different languages such as English/Hindi/Urdu and Arabic at different locations across Dubai such as EDI Head Office Al Qusais, Al Quoz, Port Rashid & Al Aweer
Please note that all students have to bring their Registration Card (MDT), RTA Training Book and Learning Permit for the lectures attendance.
• Lecture 1 : Introduction to Motorcycle
• Lecture 2 : Traffic signs
• Lecture 3 : Risk Management
• Lecture 4 : Driver Condition
• Lecture 5 : Driving Environment
• Lecture 6 : Rules of the road
• Lecture 7 : Hazards & Emergencies
• Lecture 8 : Safe Driving
Rules of Attendance
- Please ensure you have attended all 8 lectures before you book your theory test. Now you can also take lecture 2,4,5,6&7 in English, Arabic and Urdu via e-Lecture (online lecture). Click here to see the user guide. Click here for lecture schedule
- Joining Instructions with Terms and Conditions – click here to download
- EDI Trainee Rights & Responsibilities – click here to download
RTA's Remote Interpretation System (RIS)
The service provides remote instant interpretation of driving theoretical tests, conducted by RTA, to driver license applicants in different languages.
The step is part of RTA's endeavours to enrich the Smart City initiative and realise its third strategic goal - People's Happiness
How RIS service can be availed?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening RTA file and pay the applicable fees.
This service cannot be added at a later stage while booking the Road Test.
An additional fee of AED 400/- will be charged for availing this service apart from the regular exam fee of AED 310/-.
Apart from RIS service, RTA also provides voiceover facility with no extra cost for eight more languages i.e. Urdu, Bangla, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, Malayalam, Russian and Tamil.
• Obtain your RTA learners permit prior to your first driving lesson and carry it with you throughout the training period. Renew the permit once it expires.
• Attend your first and all subsequent driving classes and tests with necessary lenses/ glasses.
• Not be absent from classes without informing the concerned reception staff 48 hours before the class time or you will be charged for the classes.
• Make proper payments for training and tests on time to avoid unnecessary problems/delays
Name of Test
Al Qusais, Al Quoz & Port Rashid
After attending all the lectures
|Pre-Evaluation Test||Al Qusais, Al Quoz & Port Rashid||EDI||Before commencement of 8 hours session|
LLST / MLST
Al Qusais, Al Quoz & Port Rashid
After 8 hours (in case of 15 hours registration)
After 4 hours (in case of 8 hours registration)
Al Qusais, Al Quoz & Port Rashid
After 14 hours ( in case of 15 hours registration)
After 7 hours (in case of 8 hours registration)
Al Qusais, Al Quoz & Port Rashid
After Assessment test passing